Last year, we started raising money for worthy organizations and this year, we’re back and doing it again! This year, we’re raising money for The Carroll Center for the Blind, an organization helping blind and visually impaired children, teens, adults, and seniors live more independently. We’re looking for your help to raise money this holiday season and are prepared to reward you handsomely!
How it works is you the listeners donate to us using our donation link at the bottom of this post or on our home page at Magic109.com to get our presenters to play your favorite songs on the air. make them do stunts on the air, and more! Then, we’ll collect all the donations and send them off to THe Carroll Center for the Blind! Last year, our presenters broke a clock radio to “Time” by Hootie and the Blowfish, sang “I Like Big Butts” by Sir Mix-A-Lot, read an inappropriate bedtime story, and so much more! The December to Remember Fundraiser begins Monday, December 9th at 6 pm Eastern and runs through Sunday, December 15th, 2019. Once the event is just about over, we’ll publicly announce winners for four fantastic prizes during The Sweet Spot with Sweet Stephanie and gang on Sunday, December 15th, 2019 at 10 pm Eastern, as well as share how much was raised!
Last year, we raised over $500 and this year, we hope to top it! If you want to hear a song, even if it isn’t liked by us Magic 109 presenters, you can donate to hear it. Be prepared to haggle though! Don’t worry, if you want to hear something that normally fits that presenter’s show, you won’t pay that much, and no requested songs will exceed $50. If you want a presenter to do a stunt (within reason) on the air though, the presenter may charge you a bit more. They’re all prepared to do almost anything for a good cause.
What about those prizes? Yes, we’re prepared to give away not one, two or three prizes this year, but FOUR! You qualify for these prizes by donating, and the more you donate, the better the odds you have to win BIG!
- Our third-place prize is a $40 gift from White Rose Designs. Their charms, bracelets, necklaces and other jewelry for both men and women are hand-crafted with care!
- Our second-place prize is a TeamTalk server for LIFE, courtesy of our friends at gbj Imaging and Mad Science Technologies. Be the envy of your friends and family and pay nothing for your TeamTalk server for life!
- Our first-place prize winner gets a ‘Magic 109 Swag Bag’ that contains both a Magic 109 hoodie and hat! Our Magic 109 hoodies are so new that even we haven’t seen them yet!
- Our grand-prize winner gets a $100 Amazon eGift Card just in time for the holidays to spend on what they like or give to a friend or family member! In the end, it’s entirely up to you!
To be clear, EVERYONE can donate. Those that won last year can play as well. Past or present presenters at Magic 109 can donate too, but do not qualify for any of the prizes. Every dollar donated is one entry, which means the more you donate, adds to your chances of winning! Once you’ve won a prize, you cannot qualify for any more prizes. Those that win and live outside the United States will have to pay for shipping and handling. Those that forfeit their prize or do not claim it by 48 hours lose out and another qualifier will be selected privately.
All live programs will air as normal and will be apart of the December to Remember Fundraiser. The following automated and other programs will be LIVE at these special times and hosted by the Magic 109 presenters!
- The Work Day Fix, hosted by James, airing Monday, December 9th, 2019 at 6 pm Eastern.
- The Nite’ Time Rewind, hosted by Doc, airing Monday, December 9th, 2019 at 9 pm Eastern.
- Chart Toppers, hosted by Z-Man, airing Tuesday, December 10th, 2019 at 7 pm Eastern.
- Magic Memories, hosted by James, airing Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 at 3 pm Eastern.
- The Country Club, hosted by Alternative Ash, airing Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 at 6 pm Eastern.
- NextGen Sound, hosted by Brice Mull & Doc, airing Wednesday, December 11th, 2019 at 9 pm Eastern.
- Kountry Fried Tunes, hosted by Tennessee Chad, airing Thursday, December 12th, 2019 at 3 pm Eastern.
- Gap Killer, hosted by Z-Man, airing Thursday, December 12th, 2019 at 6 pm Eastern.
- Crappy Covers, hosted by Geno J, airing Thursday, December 12th, 2019 at 9 pm Eastern.
- Country Christmas, hosted by Sweet Stephanie, airing Thursday, December 12th, 2019 at 10 pm Eastern.
- The Alternative Spot, hosted by Alternative Ash & Sweet Stephanie, airing Friday, December 13th, 2019 at 9 pm Eastern.
- Rock through the Ages, hosted by Brice Mull, airing Saturday, December 14th, 2019 at 12 pm Eastern.
- Generations, hosted by Geno J, airing Saturday, December 14th, 2019 at 4 pm Eastern.
- The Happy Pill, hosted by Doc, airing Sunday, December 15th, 2019 at 4 pm Eastern.
Note: Podcasted, simulcasted and syndicated programs will be excluded from this event. Updates may occur between now and the week of December 9th through the 15th, 2019.
With all that said, please join us for this festive event and consider making a donation to the Carroll Center for the Blind. 100% of the proceeds will go to their worthy cause. Again, it all begins Monday, December 9th, 2019 at 8 pm Eastern. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to contact us and we’ll do our best to get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks so much for your help and keep listening to Magic 109, the only station breaking the radio dial!
Listen to our radio announcement regarding The December to Remember Fundraiser using the media player below!
Use this donation box below to send your contribution to The Carroll Center for the Blind and we’ll be sure they get every last penny!